Benefits of Membership
- Be part of faith communities that honor the diversity of religious expression and support interfaith collaboration.
- Be invited to attend the annual members' gatherings
addressing issues of concern to the community and offering
possibilities for information exchange and collaboration on common
- Have access to the Council's contacts and information
resources about diverse faith communities and interfaith events in the
- Be able to call upon the Council to help foster new
collaborative activities of special interest to your faith community.
- Announce your events to the wider community through
Council publications, radio program, and web site.
- Participate in the Oil
Purchase Group at no additional charge.
Responsibilities of Membership
- Retain the possibility of having a member of your
faith community elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the
Council. (All Directors come from member faith communities.)
- Make, at least, an annual membership minimum
contribution of $100. Guidelines suggest contributing 1% of a faith
community's annual received contributions. (See note 4 below.)
- Publicize Council events to your own faith community.
Participate in interfaith events.
- Members of the Dutchess County Interfaith Council are
faith communities located within Dutchess County, New York.
- Individuals who would like to become active in the
work of the Council can become Friends of the Council and/or
- Organizations that support and collaborate in the
work of the Council become Council Community Partners.
- Membership fees can be lowered when necessary. Please
speak to the Executive Director.