Volunteer at DCIC
DCIC has many volunteer opportunities!
Are you a student required to do an internship or community service? Are you retired and looking to contribute your skills and experience to a worthy organization? Perhaps your just looking for a way to give back to your community. Consider volunteering with the Dutchess County Interfaith Council. We have many different volunteer opportunities that are necessary for the success of our various programs throughout the year. If you are interested in helping us to achieve our mission, and wish to work with some wonderful people along the way, please consider volunteering your time and skills.
Current volunteers opportunities are listed below. If you would like more information please use volunteer form to contact us or call
(845) 471-7333. Please be sure to let us know the area of your interest along with your name, phone number and email so we can contact you.
CROP Walk Volunteers
Various volunteer jobs need to be filled to ensure the success of the CROP WALK. We need volunteers for:
- Registration, checking-in walkers and making sure paperwork is correctly filled out and signed. Shifts start at 9:45 and end at 4pm, though walkers must check in before 2pm.
The registration desk is usually outside, weather permitting, so it is recommended you
- Manning the 3 checkpoint stops along the route. Generally this job involves checking off walker's cards and directing them to bathroom facilities.
- DCIC Bake Sale, we always need help selling baked good donated by walkers and organizations. We also need help setting up and cleaning up.
- Set-up & clean-up of tables, chairs and tents.
Publicity Committee Members
We currently need volunteers with experience in publicity and PR for our Publicity Committee. DCIC events are publicized through the local media and email blasts to our member congregations. Writers would work directly with event committee leaders in order to write accurate press releases for local newspapers and some relevant monthly or quarterly publications. Information also needs to be submitted to appropriate local media. Submissions are needed to adhere by the media deadlines, to assure timely publication (contact information is available.) This job may require:
- Occasional attendance at program committee meetings to gather theinformation and coordinate publicity with event committee.
- Close regular communication with the DCIC office for proofing and editing publicity materials including bi-monthly e-newsletters.
- Occasional meetings with the publicity committee to plan promotion of events and programs.
The DCIC office always welcomes administrative interns. The internship's duration and the frequency of work are determined by the DCIC Executive Director, the student's availability and the academic institution's requirements. There are a number of office activities for interns to help with:
- Preparation of bulk mailings
- Archiving of organization documents.
- Event & program preparation and publicity.
- Updating of donor contact information.
- Aiding in day to day administrative responsibilities.
|Copyright-free graphics with multi-religious themes, showing diverse people working together, or different symbols of faith, etc. are desired. These graphics would be available for use by the DCIC for publicity, informational publications, and the DCIC web site, for example. The artwork would be used as needed. The artist should be willing to work with an event committee and the DCIC office for specific suggestions for desired artwork. This can be a one-time donation of your artistic ability or a longer term commitment, as you desire.
Volunteer! Let us know your area of interest.
If you are interested in volunteering with DCIC, please print out this form and mail it into the office at:
Dutchess County Interfaith Council, 9 Vassar Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.