CROP WALK 2021 UPDATES:
As we continue to prepare for our 2021 CROP Hunger Walk we recognize the hunger needs are real. We celebrate the response you led in raising funds in 2020. The Dutchess Interfaith Council CROP Hunger Walk was 13th in the nation in funds raised. The total raised by the 29 teams participating in our 2020 walk was $56,378.62. The total raised in forty five years of walking is $1,844,127.
Our 2021 walk is scheduled for October 17 from 10 AM to 2 PM, however with further complications from COVID we are not sure how that will work out. We had great success with our virtual walk in 2020 and we want to continue to encourage people to raise funds in whatever creative ways they can. Working with the CROP website makes it easy for teams and walkers to raise funds from near and far.
I am also pleased to introduce you to our new treasurer, Laura Safran. She will be taking over for Arlene Barresi. We thank Arlene for her faithful work and look forward to Laura sharing her skills.
As team leader, I am asking a couple things of you at this time, please:
1. Click here to register your team with the Dutchess Interfaith CROP Hunger Walk
2. Encourage others to get involved, especially members of your organization .
3. Work with the social media person(s)* in your congregation to get the word out in creative ways.
4. Reach out to others. If you have contact with other congregations or organizations that should be involved with CROP, please reach out to them and have them connect with me.
5. Start walking and raising funds.
Thank you so much for your leadership. If somebody else is taking over for you please let me know. We are here to help in whatever way we can.
Event Coordinator | email@example.com | 845-489-1301